FW: Scout Shop Open for Black Friday -- 10% sale!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2011

    All Scouts in attendance on Monday received a patrol patch for their patrol.  Those who missed the meeting should see their patrol leaders at the next meeting. They should get them on their uniforms before “the last minute”, since there will be a uniform inspection meeting to be announced sometime in December.  Scouts should have their latest rank badge on their Class A uniforms as well.

    Some scouts like to stitch on the patches, while others prefer to buy removable “Badge Magic” at the scout shop.  It comes as a scizzor-cuttable sheet and sometimes comes with pre-cut merit badge or rank shapes.  If you need Badge Magic or any other uniform components (such as a sash for those merit badges), there is a Scout Shop 10% sale coming up – see the attached.

    Placement of the patrol patch is covered in Scout Handbooks, or on this website from National BSA:

    http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/06.aspx

    For those Scouts interested to knowing what a “uniform inspection” might entail, please see the attached sample uniform inspection worksheet.  Note, however, that we are of a minimalist nature – we make the cap, belt, pants, and socks optional.  However, neatness counts – so if you have any of these “optional” components (many of us do) then I’d wear them because they will almost certainly be neater than jeans, for example.  If your scout does not have his Scout Membership card, he should ask me at then next meeting, as I have several that have not been collected.  I also have a few merit badges (Sal?) that have not been collected either.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Bill Sherman

    Troop 104