Assistance at CROP Walk 10/17

  • Okell, Robert - BLS
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2010

      Hi all,

           Every year the churches in Scotch Plains and Fanwood participate in the CROP walk, in which participants solicit sponsors to help world hunger. This year, All Saint’s Church is organizing the event for Scotch Pains and Fanwood and they would like the Boy Scouts assistance. Even though you, as scouts, can’t solicit money for other organizations, there are a number of other ways for you to help. Among the ways you can participate (and remember that this counts toward your community service hours needed for rank advancement) is by being a “crossing guard” at any one of a number of major intersections that are on the route, help with refreshments at the church at the end of the walk, and, since most of the participating churches have a “pit stop” in front of their church and there is one wide gap where there aren’t any, the church is planning to have a stop in front of Brunner School which you might be able to man.

           The route is basically one big circle, starting at All Saints going around by Scotch Plains Baptist, St. Bart’s down Westfield road past he high school, down to South Avenue through Downtown Fanwood and back up Martine to All Saints. The walk is on Sunday October 17th , starts at 12:00 p.m. and should be completed in about 2 hrs. If you are interested and willing to help out, please reply within the next few days. We will try to get you stationed close to your homes where possible. For those of you who will be crossing guards, the church will provide green (I believe) vests. We will have to meet at the church to begin with and I will let you know at what time when we get closer to the date.

          Hope to see you on the 17th.

      Bob Okell

      Charter Organization Representative

    • Cokell40
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010
        I will be available to be a crossing guard.