Update from Winnebago

  • DAVID W MCINTYRE
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2014
      A Friday morning update from Camp Winnebago.

      Everything is great here. All 7 scouts on outposts returned to camp early this morning. All were safe, well-fed and dry. One or two were a little grumpy, but that's par for the course.

      Scouts are working today to finish up merit badges before the program areas close at 4pm. This afternoon we have the water carnival, then lasagna for dinner (the second best meal of the week) and the closing campfire.

      Pickup time is 10am tomorrow. Please don't arrive much before then (better a few minutes late than early). Please remain in the parking lot area (don't come down into camp; we will be scrambling to finish up).

      I've posted a number of pictures to the T104 Facebook page; hopefully you have seen them!

      See you tomorrow at 10am!

      -Dave McIntyre

      Sent from my iPhone
    • DAVID W MCINTYRE
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2014
        Heavy rains here, but all are well and at their program areas. Water Carnival may be cancelled, but it hasn't been yet. They'll cancel if there has been any recent lightning or thunder (I'm betting it will be cancelled).

        About 4 sleeping bags got damp in the torrential rains. We have them hanging to dry, and if they don't dry in the breeze we'll figure out another way .

        So, everything's fine here. Enjoy a lovely dinner out and prepare for a stinky scout tomorrow!

        /Dave McIntyre

        Sent from my iPhone