What to Pack

  • ragtop_67rs
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13 5:10 AM
      Does anyone have a good packing list for what each scout should bring to these weekend camp trips?
    • Thomas J Gordon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13 5:17 AM
        http://home.comcast.net/~troop104sp/Forms/Suggested_Personal_Equipment%20_List_for_Sabattis.xls

        Message 3 of 4 , May 13 6:10 AM

        Tom provided the link to our “Summer Camp” packing list, which is the only list we’ve published in the past.  It seems desirable to have a packing list for “Weekender” trips, to prevent over-packing (you need more gear for a week at summer camp than we ever need on a weekend).  I’ve put together a suggested weekender list and attached it.  Comments welcome (and yes, we’ll put it on the website shortly).

        A few points to stress about this afternoon’s campout:

        • Prepare for the possibility of rain (rain gear, extra clothes)
        • No food INSIDE backpacks – no need to make your gear smellable)
        • Bag dinner to eat en route or after camp set-up
        • Bring a bag lunch to put in a cooler for Saturday (to eat during canoe trip)
        • Crocs or Teva shoes (that can get wet and dry rapidly) work great in canoes
        • If you have your own personal PFD (in good condition) you are welcome to bring it but the outfitter will be providing PFDs with the canoes

        Be at the church by 5:30.  We’ll quickly fill the pickup truck bed with the gear that we pre-staged (the trailer is already filled) and then divide scouts among cars.

        ADULTS:

        • BSA requires all adults that have “Youth Exposure” take “Youth Protection Training” online.  This is a very short (less than half hour) training and it is not optional.  It would be ideal of all adults had this training, but minimally those camping, driving, and assisting in the capacity of leaders or committee members need it.  Go to myscouting.org and create a “member ID” and take it.  Save a copy of the completion certificate (paper or PDF) as it might be needed on occasion (such as when you fill out an adult application for anything).
        • Since we have 16 adults, we are hoping that at least half will drive, and we can save the other volunteers from a drop-off round-trip
        • We will drive to the GSP exit and meet there, and then “caravan” out to the campsite.

        See you at 5:30.

        Bill Sherman

      • Mark Johns
        Message 4 of 4 , May 13 12:11 PM
        This should help out
        Does anyone have a good packing list for what each scout should bring to these weekend camp trips?

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)