876Re: Exotic Food Campout/Cookout December 14-15th -- Need RSVP tonight!!
- Dec 2, 2013Troop 104,Remember -- we are having a December cookout/campout on December 14th with exotic foods!You MUST RSVP tonight -- we are ordering food tomorrow.Mr. Sherman
Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 30, 2013, at 8:20 AM, Bill Sherman <bgsherman@...> wrote:We’ve mentioned this in a few Troop meetings, and now it’s time to sign up (we need head counts asap to order the meats):Event: Exotic Food Campout/CookoutWhen: Saturday Dec 14th – Sunday December 15th (2 weeks from today)Location: Watchung Reservation, Scout AreaActivities:
This event is being held together with Troops 32 and 33. We are also extending the invitation to Scotch-Plains/Fanwood Webelos II/AOL Scouts and their families, so it will be a great time! Note that due to the number of people likely to attend, we will have dinner Saturday night in a cookout/buffet style. Those who are busy during the day could still come for dinner (parents/siblings/drivers are also welcome to stay for the dinner but all people must reserve in advance).Since food ordering needs to happen shortly, we need to hear from each scout by Monday’s meeting:
- Scouts will meet at All-Saints at 8:30am on Saturday, for a 9:00am departure
- We will set up camp Saturday morning, and come home Sunday after breakfast
- During the day, there will be opportunities for hikes, orienteering, and geocaching
- Saturday evening, we will have an exotic food cookout — potentially including kangaroo, alligator, wild boar, venison, etc! There will probably also be some chicken for the less daring (or something that tastes ‘like chicken’ ;-)
We’ll finalize the cost this week after the food is ordered, but it is likely to be in the area of $20 per person.Please send RSVP’s to ethal@...Questions to the adult leadership mail alias at email@example.comBill Sherman
- Are you attending?
- Are you camping or do you plan to just come by for the cookout/dinner?
- How many people will be attending for dinner Saturday?
- << Previous post in topic