826Sea Dart overnight work party this weekend

  • David McIntyre
    Nov 5 8:38 AM
      The Sea Dart crew (Sea Scout Ship 228) is having a work party this coming weekend to work on the ship, start winterizing, etc.  There is a lot of work to do on the ship, but the guys have a very good time while doing it.  No doubt they will also work on Sea Scout advancement requirements as well.

      The work party will be (approx) 2pm on Friday 11/8 to 4pm on Saturday 11/9.  You'll work on the ship, have dinner, sleep in the bunks, and then work more on Saturday.

      The ship won't leave the sea base, but you can sleep, cook, etc, on the ship.

      Sea Scouting is open to Scouts 14 years or older (or 13 if you've complete the 8th grade).

      We had three scouts (Ian, Brendan, Alex) on the Sea Dart's week trip this summer, and then Alex and Doug have done a bunch of events and weekends with them.  It's a lot of fun.  I think Doug has done 3 or 4 overnighters and has had a good time.

      If you are interested in helping this weekend, please let me know and I'll put you in contact with Captain Jimmy or our senior scout (they call him Boatswain instead of SPL) Kyle.

      -Mr McIntyre

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic