825Re: [T-104] Battleship New Jersey signups [1 Attachment]

  • Ed Thal
    Nov 4, 2013
      All,

      This is a reminder that tonight I will be collecting permission slips and $16.50 pp deposit checks for the Battleship New Jersey Encampment on March 15-16, 2014.  I will be collecting at next week's meeting as well.  Please read below for details.

      Mr. Thal

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 28, 2013, at 5:12 PM, ethal@... wrote:

      All,

      The Troop is planning an “encampment” in March aboard the Battleship New Jersey on March 15-16, 2014.  I know this sounds a long way off, but this is a very popular location shared by Troops and Packs from all over, and although the ship is HUGE, it still can sleep and feed only so many sailors, or scouts.  So, you will need to make a commitment now in order to have a berth when we go in March.

      Here are some details:

      The ship is moored in Camden, NJ, with views of Philadelphia, PA

      We will board ship beginning around 1600 hours (4PM) on Saturday, March 15th

      We will disembark by 1200 hours (Noon) on Sunday, March 16th

      We cannot get down to Bermuda and back in one day, so we will remain tied to the pier overnight

      We will sleep in the real sailors’ berths

      The ship is heated, and there are mens’ and womens’ bathrooms (“heads”, if you’re a sailor)

      Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday are included, served in the Galley and eaten in “the Mess”

      Price includes meals, an expertly-guided tour of the ENTIRE ship (including INSIDE a 16-inch diameter gun turret), extra time for a self tour, and a ride in a flight simulator

      Radio Merit Badge requirement 7, Visit a Radio Installation, is available by arranging to work with one of the Merit Badge Counselors aboard ship (see Mr. Thal)

      Price is $54.95 per person

      There is plenty of space in the ship for scouts and adults, as long as you have reserved your berth.  If you do not reserve your space, there is no guarantee that there will be space for you later.  Remember that this is very popular, particularly in the winter when we will be going.

      Reserving your space now requires a 30% deposit, or $16.50 per person, with the balance of $38.45 per person due one month before we go.

      I will begin collecting permission forms and deposit checks tonight, and for the next few weeks, as we are required to submit our deposit and final number of campers well in advance to reserve our berths aboard ship.

      -          Mr. Thal

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic