38Groundfire Cooking Campout 11/12-11/14

    Nov 1, 2010

    Troop 104,

    The weekend after next, 11/12 through 11/14, we will be having our Fall groundfire cooking campout – this year at the Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation in Stanhope, NJ.  The scouts will break up into groups of 3-4 and each group will prepare their own menu, shop, and cook.  The cooking will be performed on wood fires (not on propane stoves) so keep that in mind when choosing your menu.  We typically do some hiking on Saturday afternoon, so be prepared with your hiking boots, water bottle, compass and perhaps a day pack.

    Please return the attached permission slip.

    Bill Sherman