      From: "Bill Sherman bgsherman@... [T-104]"
      Date:06/09/2014 10:34 AM (GMT-05:00)
      To: t-104
      Subject: [T-104] Getting Ready for the Court of Honor & Annual Picnic Invitation (Please RSVP)

      First,

      As a reminder (the website was late getting updated and not all Scouts told their parents), the Court of Honor is moved to NEXT MONDAY, 6/16/14.  This is the more formal ("Class A" uniform) event, where parents stay for the meeting and scouts receive their advancements.

      Second, in preparation for that, we have at least 11 scouts requesting Scoutmaster Conferences and/or Board of Review tonight.  This is a new record for one night, and it will be tough.  So far, we have at least Alec BT, Ryan BT, T. Downey, O. Ferrone, I. Joshua, D. Porter, J. Huby, N. O'Connor, D. Patel, S. Thal, and A. Joshua all on the list.  There may be others who have only asked informally. We will try out best (and a few of us will be there at 6:45 to get a jump-start on the meetings)

      What does this mean?  Encourage your sons to come in for their meetings well-prepared.  We will generally be allocating about 30 minutes' to review their knowledge and progress.  If they know their material, 30 minutes is more than sufficient.  If they don't, we'll encourage them to brush up some more and try again at the next possible chance (possibly after next week's COH, or at one of the summer camp prep meetings to be scheduled).  While being unprepared would mean that they do not get the advancement at this COH (and would get it in September), they should not feel pressured -- they ACHIEVE the rank on the day they complete their Board of Review, so they lose nothing waiting for the next COH to get the acknowledgment.

      Last, but not least, our annual Troop Picnic is this coming Saturday at noon.  The person who we had hoped to coordinate it had a death on the family, and cannot help -- so we need the following:

      A volunteer to "dive right in" and coordinate the picnic would be great!  Just a few emails this week and a shopping trip would probably suffice!  Please let me know if you can swing this.

      In the mean time, send your RSVP's to me:

      Saturday June 14th, Troop 104 family picnic at Brookside Park,
      Scotch Plains.
      12-3pm.
      We will fire up the grills, bring your food to cook, and a side dish or dessert to share..
      Soft drinks, paper goods, and cutlery will be there for all.
      Bring frisbees, baseball equipment etc. We will have the field for our use.

      Please RSVP asap,  so I can get an accurate head count
       email - Bill Sherman, bgsherman@..., titled "Troop 104 picnic".

      Look forward to seeing you and your family
      and sharing time with our amazing troop!

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic