      From: "Ed Thal ethal@... [T-104]"
      Date:06/04/2014 5:20 PM (GMT-05:00)
      To: t-104
      Subject: [T-104] Fwd: [T-104-Leaders] Re: Campout June 6th-8th - Permission slip

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "'Thal, Ed' EThal@... [T-104-Leaders]" <T-104-Leaders@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: June 4, 2014 at 5:19:08 PM EDT
      To: Terri Dionisio <terridionisio@...>
      Cc: Vinny Dionisio <mrdscienceguy@...>, "t-104-leaders@yahoogroups.com" <t-104-leaders@yahoogroups.com>, t-104 <t-104@yahoogroups.com>

      Hi Vin and Terri,

      JJ can just bring the food along with him when he arrives at 4:30. The food doesn't really get packed, just put in the troop trailer with the rest of the gear. Cold stuff should be in a cooler with ice, which usually is the scout's family's cooler which helps them recognize their food versus others' food. There are a couple of large troop coolers in the church basement if you would rather use one of those, and since I think I remember JJ and Ryan are buying for 8-9 scouts, maybe the bigger cooler will make sense.

      I can tell you from my last campout that non-cooler food gets quickly scattered in the trailer, and because everyone shows up with 2-3 yellow plastic shopping bags for their patrol, they all look the same and this adds to the rummaging and scattering. The worst part is that a lot of "missing" food goes uneaten. I haven't thought of a good solution, but since you asked I thought I would share the (recent) problem so that maybe we all think about it and could come up with a good idea. This is real-time brainstorming.

      At a minimum, I'll suggest something other than 3-4 yellow plastic bags for the patrol's non perishable food, preferably recognizable and/or labelled. If you have one of those larger re-usable shopping bags, that would be great.

      Ed

      Sent from my iPhone

      > On Jun 4, 2014, at 4:54 PM, "Terri Dionisio" <terridionisio@...> wrote:
      >
      > JJ is assigned to buy the food for the weekend with Ryan. What time should we get there to bring the food over to get packed on Friday?
      >
      > Vin & Terri
      > On Mon, 6/2/14, Thal, Ed <EThal@...> wrote:
      >
      > Subject: FW: Campout June 6th-8th - Permission slip
      > To: "Terri and Vinnie Dionisio (terridionisio@...)" <terridionisio@...>
      > Date: Monday, June 2, 2014, 5:33 PM
      >
      > TERRI, I'M SO SORRY I SENT
      > THIS TO YOU THIS MORNING BUT JUST FOUND IT HUNG UP IN MY
      > OUTBOX! I HOPE YOU SEE IT IN TIME, BUT NO WORRY THAT JJ IS
      > ON THE LIST!
      >

      > Here's the slip, Terri.
      >

      > - Ed

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic