      From: Kent Myers <myersk1@...>
      To: SystemsThinkers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 7:41 AM
      Subject: [SystemsThinkers] Important systems project needs your help

      Many of you on this list will have noticed that Gene Bellinger has single-handedly breathed new life into the systems movement. His "Systems Thinking World" has nearly 20,000 members, and most of the discussions are the best I've seen on LinkedIn. The associated wiki is crammed with useful material. I've run some projects there and have been pleased to work with old acquaintances and some very interesting new people from around the world.

      Gene has declared a new book project. The parts on modeling may not be to everyone's taste on this list, but it will also have many chapters that take different perspectives. Gene has learned about Ackoff and Trist in recent years. He has also taken note that several S3 students have been very influential in his online discussions.

      So now we have an opportunity to raise worldwide attention with a new book. Gene finishes what he starts, and he has a great knack for gathering participants. He needs your help now, with a donation to get the project started. I have invested, and I think it's a vastly superior choice over anything else in the financial market or in the market of ideas. Please visit this Kickstarter page and make a donation.

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/605480326/beyond-connecting-the-dots

      After that, go check out Systems Thinking World on LinkedIn.

      Kent Myers
      (Personal news: I am one of the first victims of the Sequester. The local job market for consultants dropped to zero. Great experience, PhD, top clearance, PMP? Worth nothing.)

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic