First Call: 11th Annual SBL E-Listers' Meeting, Nov. 17th, 20076

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      With apologies for cross posting.

      It's that time of year again when the Society of Biblical Literature's
      Annual Meeting is just round the corner (Nov. 17th - Nov. 20th) and I
      begin to arrange the now traditional (11th annual!) gathering of all
      those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list members (i.e.
      XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum, John-Lit, Kata
      Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L, Aramaic,
      ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to San Diego for the SBL
      conference.

      [For those of you who do not know what the Society of Biblical
      Literature is and/or are unfamiliar with the SBL Annual Meeting, go
      first to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/

      and then to

      http://www.sbl-site.org/congresses/Congresses_AnnualMeeting.aspx%5d.

      The informal E-Listers' meeting is planned for Saturday, Nov. 17th at
      11:30 a.m. (tentatively) at the Gorgias Press Booth (# 732) in the San
      Diego Convention Center Exhibit Hall G-F.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous
      SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 10 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to

      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So this is the first call to write me OFF LIST at jgibson000@...

      and let me know the following:

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL/AAR Section and Session
      #) you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll keep everyone updated as the info comes in to me.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting".

      May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
      that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL/AAR Program Book
      Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd
      compose your information according to this formula:

      Name and Institution
      Section #
      Title of Section
      Date
      Time
      Room
      Theme
      Paper title

      For example:

      Mark Goodacre
      S19-122
      11/19/2007
      4:00 PM to 6:30 PM
      Room: Emma C - GH

      Theme: The Mark-Q Overlaps
      Mark Goodacre, Duke University
      Taking Leave of Mark-Q Overlaps: Major Agreements in Matthew 3.7-12 //
      Mark 1.7-8 // Luke 3.7-9, 15-17

      Looking forward to seeing you in San Diego!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)