Re: [Synoptic-L] parables in Mk. 3:23-27?

  • fathchuck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
      I'm a bit confused. I read Mark 3:23-27 in both English and Greek and see no
      reference to both A satan and Satan. The text seems to simply say Satan,
      without any article or qualifier. Is this interpretation widely accepted?

      Rev. Charles Schwartz, Associate Pastor
      St. Joan of Arc
      Marlton, NJ

    • David Barrett Peabody
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        Charles<

        The definite article does not appear in the Greek before either usage
        of satanas in Mk 3:23, but it does appear before the usage of satanas
        in 3:26.

        D. B. Peabody

        Quoting fathchuck@...:

        > I'm a bit confused. I read Mark 3:23-27 in both English and Greek and see no
        > reference to both A satan and Satan. The text seems to simply say Satan,
        > without any article or qualifier. Is this interpretation widely accepted?
        >

        > Rev. Charles Schwartz, Associate Pastor
        > St. Joan of Arc
        > Marlton, NJ

        David Barrett Peabody