Re: [Synoptic-L] Again Ascripture

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007
      To: Synoptic
      On: Ascripture
      From: Bruce

      A pleasure to see Mark Matson's name once again, among those posting to
      Synoptic. May that pleasure be soon repeated. But:

      MARK: I venture into this discussion being aware that it probably is outside
      the proper focus of the Synoptic-L list. That is, this discussion is
      primarily theological in nature.

      BRUCE: And I venture out of the discussion for the same reason, with any
      necessary retrospective apologies to List proprietors and members for
      possible infringement of List protocol.

      My own view is that the Synoptic Problem, like virtually any other problem
      in NT, down to and including that of 2Pt, cannot be solved without reference
      to the positions advocated by the several Gospels and other texts; that is,
      without reference to theology. But it is neither my place nor my purpose to
      dispute the wisdom of List protocol, and I accordingly make an end of my end
      of this thread. Let others do as they like about the other end.

      Just be sure I get my 10%. Certified check will be fine.

      http://www.umass.edu/wsp