Synoptic commentaries

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      I've been making use of Davies & Allison's three-volume ICC commentary on
      Matthew for over five years now. Among its many advantages are the
      thoroughness of its analysis, and that it frequently presents alternative
      interpretations of the text. Am I just out of touch, or is this commentary
      so superb that it's in a class of its own among synoptic commentaries? I'm
      inclined to think the latter is the case. But I'm willing to be proved
      wrong.