Re: [Synoptic-L] Luke commentaries based on Farrer theory [CORRECTION]

  • Ken Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      Thanks to Bob Schacht for pointing out to me that I didn't actually send the content of this post to the list. I sent the message to Tim, realized I hadn't sent it to the group, and then replied to the group withou adding the message. I was out late last night. It should have read:

      >>Tim,

      There's also W. R. F. Browning, The Gospel According to Saint Luke: A Commentary (New York: Collier Books, 1962). At 160 pp., not a full-scale critical commentary. Not very detailed on source criticism or much else.<<

      Now that I think about it, there's also Eric Franklin on Luke in the one-volume Oxford Biblical Commentary, John Barton and John Muddiman, eds. (2000). But Franklin is much more guarded about expressing support for the Farrer theory there than in his Luke: Interpreter of Paul, Critic of Matthew (1994).

      Best,

      Ken

      Kenneth A. Olson
      MA, History, University of Maryland