[Synoptic-L] re Beduhne on Marcion

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2013
      While I definitely prefer brevity to prolixity, Dennis
      gives only the briefest of details. More can be seen
      here:

      http://www.westarinstitute.org/store/the-first-new-testament/

      It also gives a publication date of November 2013.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2013

        My copy is on its way from Amazon. As I started this, I’ll wait until I’ve read it before replying re. the proto-Lk/Luke A, etc. angle.

        David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2013
          I recognize that I was not giving any details, David. At this time in my
          studies, I don't feel qualified to critique the book. I am qualified to say
          that his style is engaging and that he looks at the many possibilities
          regarding Marcion. I have read Tertullian on the matter, the earliest we
          start seeing details of how Marcion's Apostolikon and Evangelion might have
          looked. (As to the letters and the gospel, my uninformed view is that there
          were probably different versions circulating in the second century.

          Dennis Dean Carpenter

          Dahlonega, Ga.