Re: [Synoptic-L] Jesus' teaching on forgiveness

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18 11:19 AM
      Am very pinned down just now, but a search routine
      I found useful in the past was to collect related
      words via a Greek dictionary offering words grouped
      by semantic fields and then run searches for members
      of the resulting set on a text such as the Fribergs'
      Greek NT.

    • Greg Crawford
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20 4:19 AM
        Luke 17:1-4 has an interesting teaching where forgiveness is dependent upon
        repentance.

        Greg Crawford

        Morisset, Australia.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20 10:54 AM
          John 4 is also a study in the nature of forgiveness, don't you think? The Samaritan woman (who of course could be a symbol for history,) but taking the story line at face value, she's had 5 husbands..."and the one you're living with now is not your own"! But, she is never asked to "go back to #1," or to do anything about it, she is simply given the chance to do something good--to live to a better future, and sometimes that's all we can do with our sinfulness--just try to live better with the messes we've made. Just a thought...not too scholarly, but where I am, this AM.

          Bill Axe again, lurker speaking for second time in 7 years...I'll retire now, for another 7.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21 8:49 AM
            In the LP in Mt, god forgiving us is contingent on our having forgiven others.

            Sent from my iPhone