The Good Samaritan, and Mary and Martha

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      I would be grateful to anyone who can provide any evidence for the existence of these two passages in Lk (vv. 10:29-42)
      before the 4th century.

      David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

      https://sites.google.com/site/inglisonmarcion/

    • Jgibson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
        On 4/4/2013 10:00 AM, David Inglis wrote:
        > I would be grateful to anyone who can provide any evidence for the existence of these two passages in Lk (vv. 10:29-42)
        > before the 4th century.

        Shouldn't this be sent to the Text Critical List?

        Jeffrey

        --
        ---
        Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
          Would Irenaeus, Against Heresies, Book 3.17.4 be one?

          Dennis Dean Carpenter

          Dahlonega, Ga.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
            David Inglis wrote:

            I would be grateful to anyone who can provide any evidence for the existence
            of these two passages in Lk (vv. 10:29-42) before the 4th century.

            David,

            How about p45 and p75, both of which are assigned to the third century by
            the Alands.

            (But if you meant *external* evidence, I can¹t help you.)

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
              Ron,

              Duh! (or mea culpa, etc.) Yes, both are most likely 3rd century. I need to double check lacunae, but I’d be surprised if
              they didn’t fit the bill.

              Thanks, David