RE: [Synoptic-L] Should Lk 11:9-10 follow 11:13?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2013
      Stephen, my apologies. The only excuse I can give is that our heating is currently on the fritz, and so my brain was too
      cold for cogent thought last night! In Adv. Marcion IV.26 Tertullian does indeed refer to Lk 11:9-10 immediately after
      the LP, and thus before either 5-8 or 11-13. So, is this just a device of Tertullian's, or is there any support for a
      revised order here (although different to the one I asked in the previous email).

      David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

      https://sites.google.com/site/inglisonmarcion/Home/marcion/marcion-s-gospel-compared-verse-by-verse-with-luke/lk-11

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2013
        On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM, David Inglis <davidinglis2@...>wrote:

        > **
        >
        > Stephen, my apologies. The only excuse I can give is that our heating is
        > currently on the fritz, and so my brain was too
        > cold for cogent thought last night! In Adv. Marcion IV.26 Tertullian does
        > indeed refer to Lk 11:9-10 immediately after
        > the LP, and thus before either 5-8 or 11-13. So, is this just a device of
        > Tertullian's, or is there any support for a
        > revised order here (although different to the one I asked in the previous
        > email).

        Not having studied Tertullian's Adv. Marc. in any detail, I can't really
        offer much. My default assumption is that one should not infer that his
        order is that of Marcion's unless he makes an explicit comment to that
        effect.

        Dieter Roth has fairly recently completed a dissertation at the University
        of Edinburgh on using Tertullian to reconstruct Marcion's gospel. I don't
        know if he's going to publish it, but if so there may be something new and
        useful on the question.

        Stephen