Re: Jeffrey B. Gibson (Oxon)

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
      From: lmbarre@...
      Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:41 AM
      To: Synoptic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Jeffrey B. Gibson (Oxon)

      There is precious little information about Jeffrey B. Gibson. He owns several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu. I am highly suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud. He appears to be stalking me.

      Barré

      Lloyd:
      I have known Jeffrey for many years and we co-moderate for each other on Crosstalk and Johannine Literature. He is an instructor for City Colleges of Chicago and lecturer in New Testament Studies for the Institute of Pastoral Studies and Loyola University. I have been very busy on a late life “fun degree” in ANE studies so I have not been keeping up with e-talk. Jeffrey is a firm taskmaster but he knows his stuff. I don’t think he “stalks” anyone. I would suggest having a talk with Jeffrey in e-mail but I assure you there is no academic fraud. I don’t think that is a charge you should make publicly. I’m sorry if you two have “hit it off” wrong.
      Jack

      FREE Animations for your email by IncrediMail

      Click Here!

    • John Lupia
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
        Lloyd

        Jeffrey Gibson is well-known on this list and several others for more than a decade. You, on the other hand, are new. None of us are suspicious of you since anyone can search and find you think of yourself as the neo-Reimarus in  A Brilliant Deceit and Other Essays

        And well-known on other lists too.

        http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001193.html

        http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001197.html

        Now, I do not always agree with Jeffrey Gibson, but I actually respect him and believe he has something worthwhile to contribute to the good of the community.

        Prof. Giovanni "John" N. Lupia III
        Parenti, Italia, New Jersey, USA; Beirut, Lebanon
        http://www.reginacaelipress.com/
        God Bless Everyone

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
          On 1/29/2013 5:19 PM, John Lupia wrote:
          > Lloyd
          >
          > Jeffrey Gibson is well-known on this list and several others for more than a decade. You, on the other hand, are new. None of us are suspicious of you since anyone can search and find you think of yourself as the neo-Reimarus in A Brilliant Deceit and Other Essays
          >
          > And well-known on other lists too.
          >
          > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001193.html
          >
          > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001197.html
          >

          > Now, I do not always agree with Jeffrey Gibson, but I actually respect him and believe he has something worthwhile to contribute to the good of the community.

          May I ask that list members cease posting to this thread.

          I appreciate how you are coming to my defense, but all you are doing is
          "feeding the troll".

          Jeffrey

          --
          ---
          Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
            I thought this thread was closed, as it should be. On to the Gospels.

            Joseph Edmiston (lots of postnominals but irrelevant to this list)
            SMMC, Malibu, California