Re: [Synoptic-L] Jeffrey B. Gibson (Oxon)

  • Jgibson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
      On 1/29/2013 9:41 AM, lmbarre@... wrote:
      > There is precious little information about Jeffrey B. Gibson. He owns
      > several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu.

      So what?

      > I am highly
      > suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud. He appears to be
      > stalking me.

      Quite the contrary:

      From Academia.edu

      > Notifications
      >

      > Someone from Australia found your profile page on Google with the
      > keyword: "Jeffrey B. Gibson"
      > 2013-01-29 01:16:59 -0800
      >
      > *LM Barré, PhD started following you. *

      Jeffrey

      --
      ---
      Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.

    • Tony Buglass
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
        "Jeffrey B. Gibson...owns several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu. I am highly
        suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud."

        Now, this is ringing bells. Is this yet another incarnation of Geoff Hudson, who became well known to us on Crosstalk some years ago? Sorry, but I think this is not only off-topic, but offensive.

        Cheers,
        Rev Tony Buglass BA, MTh
        Calderdale Methodist Circuit

      • Stephen Carlson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
          Moderator's Note: No more messages in this thread means no more. One
          participant has already placed on moderated status, and I'll be happy to
          add more.

          Stephen Carlson
          --
          Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D. (Duke)
          Post-Doctoral Fellow, Theology, Uppsala

        • Jack Kilmon
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
              Lloyd

              Jeffrey Gibson is well-known on this list and several others for more than a decade. You, on the other hand, are new. None of us are suspicious of you since anyone can search and find you think of yourself as the neo-Reimarus in  A Brilliant Deceit and Other Essays

              And well-known on other lists too.

              http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001193.html

              http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001197.html

              Now, I do not always agree with Jeffrey Gibson, but I actually respect him and believe he has something worthwhile to contribute to the good of the community.

              Prof. Giovanni "John" N. Lupia III
              Parenti, Italia, New Jersey, USA; Beirut, Lebanon
              http://www.reginacaelipress.com/
              God Bless Everyone

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
                On 1/29/2013 5:19 PM, John Lupia wrote:
                > Lloyd
                >
                > Jeffrey Gibson is well-known on this list and several others for more than a decade. You, on the other hand, are new. None of us are suspicious of you since anyone can search and find you think of yourself as the neo-Reimarus in A Brilliant Deceit and Other Essays
                >
                > And well-known on other lists too.
                >
                > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001193.html
                >
                > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001197.html
                >

                > Now, I do not always agree with Jeffrey Gibson, but I actually respect him and believe he has something worthwhile to contribute to the good of the community.

                May I ask that list members cease posting to this thread.

                I appreciate how you are coming to my defense, but all you are doing is
                "feeding the troll".

                Jeffrey

                --
                ---
                Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
                  I thought this thread was closed, as it should be. On to the Gospels.

                  Joseph Edmiston (lots of postnominals but irrelevant to this list)
                  SMMC, Malibu, California