Jeffrey B. Gibson (Oxon)

  • lmbarre@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
      There is precious little information about Jeffrey B. Gibson. He owns
      several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu. I am highly
      suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud. He appears to be
      stalking me.

      Barré

    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
        Mark, as list-owner, would you put a stop to this? Most of us on this
        list know Jeffrey personally, know his scholarship, some have seen and
        salivated and benefited from his personal library, and have always
        found him to be insightful and one who enjoys a good argument but does
        not suffer fools lightly. While Barre is free to disagree with him on
        any particular issue, do we really want to encourage further ad
        hominem?

        --

        Larry Swain

        Chair, English Dept.

        Bemidji State University

        Editor in Chief, The Heroic Age

        www.heroicage.org

        theswain@...

        On Tue, Jan 29, 2013, at 09:41 AM, [1]lmbarre@... wrote:

        There is precious little information about Jeffrey B. Gibson. He owns
        several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu. I am
        highly
        suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud. He appears to be
        stalking me.
        Barré

        References

        1. mailto:lmbarre@...
        3. mailto:lmbarre@...?subject=Re%3A%20Jeffrey%20B%2E%20Gibson%20%28Oxon%29
        4. mailto:Synoptic@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Jeffrey%20B%2E%20Gibson%20%28Oxon%29
        8. http://markgoodacre.org/synoptic-l
        10. mailto:Synoptic-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional
        11. mailto:Synoptic-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest
        13. http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        14. mailto:ygroupsnotifications@yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20mail%20v1

      • Jgibson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
          On 1/29/2013 9:41 AM, lmbarre@... wrote:
          > There is precious little information about Jeffrey B. Gibson. He owns
          > several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu.

          So what?

          > I am highly
          > suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud. He appears to be
          > stalking me.

          Quite the contrary:

          From Academia.edu

          > Notifications
          >

          > Someone from Australia found your profile page on Google with the
          > keyword: "Jeffrey B. Gibson"
          > 2013-01-29 01:16:59 -0800
          >
          > *LM Barré, PhD started following you. *

          Jeffrey

          --
          ---
          Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.

        • Tony Buglass
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
            "Jeffrey B. Gibson...owns several e-lists and I find his CV not posted on academia.edu. I am highly
            suspicious of him and suspect him of academic fraud."

            Now, this is ringing bells. Is this yet another incarnation of Geoff Hudson, who became well known to us on Crosstalk some years ago? Sorry, but I think this is not only off-topic, but offensive.

            Cheers,
            Rev Tony Buglass BA, MTh
            Calderdale Methodist Circuit

          • Stephen Carlson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
              Moderator's Note: No more messages in this thread means no more. One
              participant has already placed on moderated status, and I'll be happy to
              add more.

              Stephen Carlson
              --
              Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D. (Duke)
              Post-Doctoral Fellow, Theology, Uppsala

            • Jack Kilmon
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
                  Lloyd

                  Jeffrey Gibson is well-known on this list and several others for more than a decade. You, on the other hand, are new. None of us are suspicious of you since anyone can search and find you think of yourself as the neo-Reimarus in  A Brilliant Deceit and Other Essays

                  And well-known on other lists too.

                  http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001193.html

                  http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001197.html

                  Now, I do not always agree with Jeffrey Gibson, but I actually respect him and believe he has something worthwhile to contribute to the good of the community.

                  Prof. Giovanni "John" N. Lupia III
                  Parenti, Italia, New Jersey, USA; Beirut, Lebanon
                  http://www.reginacaelipress.com/
                  God Bless Everyone

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
                    On 1/29/2013 5:19 PM, John Lupia wrote:
                    > Lloyd
                    >
                    > Jeffrey Gibson is well-known on this list and several others for more than a decade. You, on the other hand, are new. None of us are suspicious of you since anyone can search and find you think of yourself as the neo-Reimarus in A Brilliant Deceit and Other Essays
                    >
                    > And well-known on other lists too.
                    >
                    > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001193.html
                    >
                    > http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/1999-January/001197.html
                    >

                    > Now, I do not always agree with Jeffrey Gibson, but I actually respect him and believe he has something worthwhile to contribute to the good of the community.

                    May I ask that list members cease posting to this thread.

                    I appreciate how you are coming to my defense, but all you are doing is
                    "feeding the troll".

                    Jeffrey

                    --
                    ---
                    Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 29, 2013
                      I thought this thread was closed, as it should be. On to the Gospels.

                      Joseph Edmiston (lots of postnominals but irrelevant to this list)
                      SMMC, Malibu, California