RE: [Synoptic-L] Re: ABH The Trigrammaton

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2013
      I was wondering how both that and titular definitions were relevant to Synoptic studies. The study of the historical Shakespeare would also represent “a certain wider historical context in which to place a study of the Synoptic Gospels.” It would “widen” it out a bit for the current era and certainly expand the geographic range. Thankfully, no one has thought to do that!

      Dennis Dean Carpenter

      Dahlonega, Ga.

      From: Jgibson
      Date: 1/28/2013 4:22:42 PM
      To: Synoptic@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Synoptic%40yahoogroups.com>

      On 1/28/2013 6:09 PM, lmbarre@... <mailto:lmbarre%40gmail.com> wrote:

      > The divine name is attested as iaw at Soleb in the 15th century as yhw
      which
      > corresponds to the vowels iaw as we find in the Elephantine papyrus and in
      > Greek fragment at Qumran (iota-alpha-omega). The use of three-classes of
      > vowels is common in Egyptian, Ugaritic, Phoenician (Punic),paleo-Hebrew,
      > Aramaic, and Masoretic Hebrew. Metaphysically, the Tetragrammaton is an
      evil
      > distortion of 3 to 4.

      [much snipped]

      Umm ... what has any of this to do with the focus of this List?

      JG

      --
      ---
      Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.