Re: [Synoptic-L] A case for pMark

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2013
      LM wrote:

      > I chose these two motifs ['immediately' and 'amazement'] because of their
      > excessive repetition and thus indicate an aspect of authorial style. It does
      > proceed from the evidence of a redaction of an underlying narrative, which I
      > find to be quite compelling.
      > Would you not agree?

      LM,

      At this stage I can neither agree nor disagree. You have pointed to certain
      stylistic features common in Mark's gospel and said that they are secondary
      to ("proceed from") the evidence of redaction. So what exactly is the
      evidence for redaction of an underlying narrative? Quoting examples is not
      the same as supplying evidence. If you have set out evidence for redaction
      which is independent of these stylistic features, I must have missed it.
      (The page you pointed to on the 'Early Christian Writings' web site provides
      evidence of what certain scholars believed about the extent of a supposed
      pre-Markan passion narrative, but not why they believed in its historicity.)