E.C.Maloney (1981) on Mark

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      Stephen wrote:
      ------------------
      According to Google Scholar, Maloney's has hardly been
      cited, much less engaged. It has been cited by .......
      Llewelyn & Horsley's New Documents, and a French article,
      F. Manns, "Le milieu sémitique de l'Èvangile de Marc",
      LA 48 (1998) 125-142, which is available on-line.
      -------------------

      Thanks for the further references -
      A bit of searching found this link for the pdf of
      Fre/de/ric Manns article in Liber Annuus

      http://regnat.pagesperso-orange.fr/Doc200/Doc226_3.html

      The article by Manns also cites other work on semitic elements in Mark.

      I think Maloney was supervised by Fitzmyer and his item shows the
      kind of thoroughness and attention to detail one would expect
      from that. It seems a pity if it really has had so little effect.
      It does provide a carefully sifted set of locations in Mark where
      semitisms are to be found in Mark's Greek. I will refrain from
      speculating on the reasons why it has been neglected.

      Thanks again