An announcement from Google re. digital copies of the DSS

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2012
      "A little over a year ago, we helped put online
      <http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/from-desert-to-web-bringing-dead-sea.html> five manuscripts of the Dead Sea
      Scrolls-ancient documents that include the oldest known biblical manuscripts in existence. Written more than 2,000 years
      ago on pieces of parchment and papyrus, they were preserved by the hot, dry desert climate and the darkness of the caves
      in which they were hidden. The Scrolls are possibly the most important archaeological discovery of the 20th century.

      Today, we're helping put more of these ancient treasures online. The Israel Antiquities Authority is launching the Leon
      Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library <http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/> , an online collection of some 5,000 images of
      scroll fragments, at a quality never seen before. The texts include one of the earliest known copies of the Book of
      Deuteronomy, which includes the Ten Commandments
      <http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/explore-the-archive/image/B-314643?locale=en_US> ; part of Chapter 1 of the Book of
      Genesis <http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/explore-the-archive/image/B-295662> , which describes the creation of the
      world; and hundreds more 2,000-year-old texts, shedding light on the time when Jesus lived and preached, and on the
      history of Judaism."