Re: [Synoptic-L] Variant in Lukan version of LP

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 2, 2012
      Matthew, who was not competent in Hebrew or Aramaic, first used a Greek
      translation of an Aramaic source and "tweaked" it a bit to expand/explain
      certain petitions. Luke used an Aramaic document which he translated
      himself, also looked at Matthew and created a shorter version (as was the
      original from Jesus' lips), but also tweaked a bit to explain Aramaic idiom
      in one petition. However we try to disentangle the Matthean and Lukan LP to
      find a form critical version, if one does not appeal to the Aramaic that
      left the lips of Jesus in the first place, one is paddling without an oar. I
      give no credence to a mid second century dualist/docetist. Of course,
      Marcion is the darling of the Jesus mythists.
      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      Houston, TX