RE: [Synoptic-L] J and P (with Excursus on Mk 13 and the Gentiles)

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2012
      Chuck, yes there was analytical work, but what was it based upon? It seems
      to me it was based on the idea that Luke and Matt, in order to have so much
      the same yet so much different, could not have been interdependent. (?) This
      (to me) is a fictive assumption. It is creating a "problem" when one might
      or might not exist. It seems more "faith based," possibly based on the
      assumption that the authors were faithful scribes who would have not varied
      so much, had they known of each other's work. I'm not sure this is an
      assumption of merit.

      Dennis Dean Carpenter

      Dahlonega, Ga.