The Last Supper in the Diatessaron

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2012
      I have an English translation here http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/diatessaron.html (Section XLV)of the text
      of the last supper from the Diatessaron:

      "And while they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and divided; and he gave to his disciples, and said unto
      them, Take and eat; this is my body. And he took a cup, and gave thanks, and blessed, and gave them, and said, Take, and
      drink of it, all of you. And they drank of it, all of them. And he said unto them, This is my blood, the new covenant,
      that is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins. I say unto you, I shall not drink henceforth of this, the juice of
      the vine, until the day in which I drink with you new wine in the kingdom of God. And thus do ye in remembrance of me."

      Does anyone have any evidence to suggest how accurately this is likely to represent the original text? For example, how
      much of this passage can be confirmed from Ephrem? Apologies, but this is something I know very little about.