Re: [Synoptic-L] Lk 22:16 - Not in Marcion's gospel. Possibly not in the earliest version of Lk?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2012
      Tert. Marc.4.40 cites Lk.22.15
      Concupiscentia concupivi pascha edere
      vobiscum, antequam patiar

      [Vulgate has different vocab:
      Desiderio desideravi hoc Pascha manducare
      vobiscum ante quam patiar]

      but does Tertullian Adv.M.4
      quote Lk.22:14? The ref would be useful if T does cite this.

      Tertullian presumably thinks M does have 22.15 and uses this
      against M's opposition to institutions of the first covenant such
      as Passover: i.e. T argues M is inconsistent.

      With reference to Lk.22.16 -
      Might one argue that Marcion could have had a problem with
      someone eating the passover in the kingdom - too physical?
      I think Epiphanius 42 makes this point at Elenchus 63.
      But then I suppose someone might argue adding Lk.22.16
      modelled on Mk.14.25 could be seen as anti-Marcionite?

      Marcion is not my area so I am just trying to guess at what might
      be going on here.

      David M.

      The Greek of 42.63 (i.e. Elenchus 63) can be seen here:
      http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=4LfUAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:epiphanius&source=bl&ots=Lg9XaIjPe8&sig=XyYpTQiUTV_w20mgpGCBCqkJlnc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nLpNUN7kJ6Sw0QWL8YDwBg&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false (scroll to pages
      355-356)