Re: [Synoptic-L] ex eventu prophecies

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2006
      At 04:13 PM 4/19/2006 -0400, Matson, Mark \(Academic\) wrote:
      >I am doing a little work on Mk 13 and parallels, especially Luke's version. I am trying to track down any works dealing with ex eventu prophecies or statements -- how these might be identified, patterns in other literature, etc.
      >
      >Do any of you have any particularly good resources to help in this area? While I haven't done an extensive literature search, I am finding virtually nothing in my initial forays.

      Mark, this may not be much of a lead, but there's an article in Biblica
      (2003) by Thomas B. Slater that mentions the "the rules of exegeting ex
      eventu prophecy." Unfortunately, he does not give a cite for literature
      about those rules, but the article is recent enough so he be available
      to respond to email.

      A link to the article is: http://www.bsw.org/?l=71841&a=Ani04.html

      Stephen Carlson
      --