ex eventu prophecies

  • Matson, Mark (Academic)
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2006
      Dear List:

      I am doing a little work on Mk 13 and parallels, especially Luke's version. I am trying to track down any works dealing with ex eventu prophecies or statements -- how these might be identified, patterns in other literature, etc.

      Do any of you have any particularly good resources to help in this area? While I haven't done an extensive literature search, I am finding virtually nothing in my initial forays.

      I would appreciate any help in some research.

      Mark A. Matson
      Academic Dean
      Milligan College
      http://www.milligan.edu/administrative/personal.htm
    • Stephen C. Carlson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2006
        At 04:13 PM 4/19/2006 -0400, Matson, Mark \(Academic\) wrote:
        >I am doing a little work on Mk 13 and parallels, especially Luke's version. I am trying to track down any works dealing with ex eventu prophecies or statements -- how these might be identified, patterns in other literature, etc.
        >
        >Do any of you have any particularly good resources to help in this area? While I haven't done an extensive literature search, I am finding virtually nothing in my initial forays.

        Mark, this may not be much of a lead, but there's an article in Biblica
        (2003) by Thomas B. Slater that mentions the "the rules of exegeting ex
        eventu prophecy." Unfortunately, he does not give a cite for literature
        about those rules, but the article is recent enough so he be available
        to respond to email.

        A link to the article is: http://www.bsw.org/?l=71841&a=Ani04.html

        Stephen Carlson
        --