Re: [Synoptic-L] Length of Luke (and Acts)

  • Stephen Carlson
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 4, 2012
      On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM, E Bruce Brooks <brooks@...>wrote:

      > **
      >
      > I was there. The place was packed. There were many objections, not (as
      > might
      > have been expected) from traditionalists offended at a nontraditional idea,
      > but from people seemingly knowledgeable about stylometrics. They
      > questioned,
      > in detail, both the method used and the validity of the associated
      > statistical interpretation of significance.

      I would not take the reaction to an oral presentation at SBL on something
      as technical and mathematical as this topic to be indicative of much of
      anything. This is the kind of scholarship that needs to be published and
      carefully considered. The value of the questions at such a session is to
      make sure that they are (eventually) addressed in the publication.

      Stephen
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson
      Ph.D., Duke University