Re: The Gospel of Mark and Paul

  • fathchuck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2005
      I have a couple of obvious questions.

      1. If Paul wrote before the gospels, as is generally held, then it stands to
      reason that the
      authors of the Gospels would (or may) have at least heard the letters
      read, or that the
      teaching had become part of the deposit of faith. So the question is,
      given that statement,
      why WOULDN'T they have reflected some Pauline influence?

      2. If Mark wrote as late as some suggest (a point I do not hold myself),
      wouldn't it make it
      that much more likely that he would have come in contact with at least
      some of the
      Pauline corpus?

      Rev. Charles Schwartz, Parochial Vicar
      Church of St. Joan of Arc, Marlton, NJ