RE: Mark Matson RE: [Synoptic-L] Text transmission

  • Matson, Mark (Academic)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2012
      And I would argue that John's gospel (if that is the sole example of such modification) does not really have signs of re-editing. The basic gospel shows itself, I think, to be narratively very coherent, with perhaps ch. 21 being a later expansion. The more expansive ideas of John's re-editing are, I think, imagined. But then that is probably a discussion for a different list than one devoted to synoptic gospels.

      Mark A. Matson
      Milligan College