Bayesian statistics and salt

  • Gentile, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 10:22 AM
      Hello all.

      I believe I'm about finished making changes to my webpage
      for the near future. I've gotten interested in other things. But in its
      current state in has a number of changes from my last posting here.

      It now works from the Greek text, is fully and explicitly Bayesian in
      its methodology, and had references listed. Its goals are also more
      limited. For example, I no longer think that Mark rejected old covenant
      law. Rather I argue that some of the things he wrote could have been
      interpreted that way later, by say 1st century Gnostics.

      I think the exercise of applying Bayesian statistics to a New Testament
      question was quite useful. At least for me, it served to separate some
      of the wheat from the chaff. Some things I had argued I found that I
      could not make an explicitly Bayesian case for, while I could make a
      case for other things. Where I could not make a Bayesian case, I was
      probably reading in to the text rather than from it. Of course, that may
      still be the case, if my argument is missing key information.

      So, here is the page

      http://www.davegentile.com/synoptics/Mark.html

      Any comment (including off-list) welcome.

      Thank you,

      Dave Gentile
      Riverside, IL
      Statistician / Sr. Systems Engineer