Re: [XTalk] Congratulations to Stephen Carlson

  • Bob Schacht
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2012
      At 08:25 PM 4/14/2012, Mark Goodacre wrote:
      >For many years now, list members will have appreciated Stephen
      >Carlson's contributions.

      Indeed, I have!

      > I am sure that you would all like to join me
      >in taking a moment to congratulate him on the successful defense of
      >his PhD here at Duke this week. His thesis title was "The Text of
      >Galatians and Its History". Those of you who know Stephen's work will
      >not be surprised to hear that his thesis was outstanding, and his
      >defense of it exemplary. If we awarded "honors" here at Duke, or
      >"graduation with distinction", this thesis would have received that
      >award. Very many congratulations, Stephen, on a richly deserved PhD,
      >and all the very best for your future!

      Stephen,
      Congratulations! Now, how about sharing some of that with us? :-)
      And also, what's next for you? A teaching job?

      BTW, Stephen, it is a measure of your stature
      that you have lured Tom Kopecek out of lurkerdom to add his kudos.
      If we had a category for Favorite Senior
      Academics on this list, I would nominate him for
      it. There are a number of folks on this list who
      have been my mentors, and Goodacre, Carlson, and
      Kopecek are among them. Thanks!

      Bob Schacht
      Northern Arizona University