Re: [Synoptic-L] JUDAS THE SICARIOS

  • Jgibson
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
      On 2/8/2012 9:37 AM, Dennis Goffin wrote:
      > Since you quote John, Greg, that must mean that you accept the accuracy of 11: 47-50. Is that so ?Dennis

      Since you note that Jesus thought that his Kingdom "was not of this
      world", does that mean that Jn 18:36 is "accurate"?

      Jeffrey

      --
      ---
      Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
        Jeffrey: Since you note that Jesus thought that his Kingdom "was not of this world", does that mean that Jn 18:36 is "accurate"?Dennis: The writer of John's Gospel, like the Synoptics, had no way of knowing what exchange took place between Jesus and Pilate. He therefore adopted the accepted convention of his day, and put in Jesus' mouth what he considered his response to be, from what he knew of the beliefs of Jesus from tradition. In so far as these beliefs would seem to correspond with those prevalent in that sector of Judaism at that time, I consider them "accurate".. Dennis

        Dennis Goffin

        Chorleywood UKTo: Synoptic@yahoogroups.com
        From: jgibson000@...
        Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:54:20 -0600