Fun with languages

  • Gentile, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006
      I don't want to say that the following is acceptable methodology, but if
      my reading of salt in Mark was very far from the truth, what would be
      the odds that I could do this?

      Greek halas = salt

      Arabic Halal food = "acceptable" food

      Hebrew halakha = "Old covenant Law"

      Latin salax = "in a salted state" = "in love"

      Everyone/all sacrifices are halal by fire.

      But if halakha has lost its halal how can (it/things) be made halal ?

      Have salax in yourselves and be at peace with one another.

      Everyone/all sacrifices are salted (purified, made acceptable to God) by
      fire. But if salt (of the old covenant) has lost its saltiness
      (acceptability to God) how can (it/things) be made salty (acceptable to
      God)? Have salt (of the new covenant of the sacrifice of Christ, love
      and forgiveness)) in you, and be at peace with one another.

      Dave Gentile

      Riverside IL