Re: [Synoptic-L] Mark's story of the betrayal of Jesus

  • Jgibson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 25, 2012
      On 1/25/2012 11:36 AM, E Bruce Brooks wrote:

      > BRUCE: Strong 3860. The word basically means "hand on" (in the sense of
      > transmit; saepe, eg 1Cor 11:2, Rom 6:17, Ac 6:14 of Mosaic tradition) or
      > "hand over" (deliver to the authorities; also saepe, eg Mk 27:2, of the
      > Sanhedrin to Pilate).

      Let me get this straight: You use Strongs (which is NOT, despite what
      it labels itself to be, a Lexicon, but a notation of what the KJV
      translators thought was the best English equivalent for a Greek word in
      a particular passage) as your guide to the "basic sense" (good god!)
      and the semantic range of Greek words ion first century writings????

      Jeffrey

      --
      ---
      Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.