Spam Caution

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2011
      To: Synoptic
      Containing: Spam Caution
      From: Bruce

      I happened to check my spam file today (a thing I do not regularly do), and
      discovered that 15 posts from Synoptic were languishing there, previously
      unread and unsuspected by myself. These were not my own posts but messages
      from others, on topics I had wholly missed.

      I suspect that the problem is erratic security at my institution's server,
      caused by the current mix of increasing software incompatibility and
      heighted security measures. But perhaps other home institutions may be
      similarly affected, and so it may be worth checking spam folders now and
      then, to see what other people have been up to.