Re: [Synoptic-L] More on Mark

  • Andris Abakuks
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2006
      Dear John

      Thank you very much for your interest and your reply.

      I should be very interested to have a copy of your paper either in
      electronic or paper form. Apart from anything else, it clearly contains
      references to work that I was not aware of. Whether I would be able to
      offer helpful feedback is a different matter.

      By the way, I would not want to claim too much for statistical studies,
      though they may help to illuminate some aspects of the synoptic
      problem. My main concern in my own paper is that, if statistical
      studies are to be done at all, they should be done in ways that are
      methodologically sound.

      Andris Abakuks
      School of Economics, Mathematics and Statistics
      Birkbeck College
      tel 020 7631 6436