Origins of the Siglum "Q"

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011
      Over on the Sheffield Biblical Studies blog, an anonymous poster
      comments on J. Armitage Robinson's claim to have invented the siglum
      "Q", quoting R. H. Lightfoot's comment of 1935. I've added some
      comments and bibliography on my blog on this interesting side-issue in
      Synoptic Problem studies. For those interested, see:

      http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/origin-of-symbol-q.html

      All best
      Mark

      --