Fw: Fw: [Synoptic-L] The "2 1/2 source" hypothesis

  • Steph Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      From: "Dave " <gentile_dave@...>
      To: "Steph Fisher" <steph7@...>
      Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 4:47 PM
      Subject: Re: Fw: [Synoptic-L] The "2 1/2 source" hypothesis

      --- In Synoptic@yahoogroups.com, "Steph Fisher" <steph7@...> wrote:

      > Hello David,

      Hello.

      > Do you mean the "Farrer Hypothesis"? (and not Ferrier?)

      Yep.

      > I prefer to think of it as the MwQ Hypothesis (Mark without Q).
      My own
      > research is suggesting to me so far that my conclusion will be
      closer to MwQ
      > than Mark with a Q.

      So we're probably in pretty close agreement, since I think Luke
      probaly saw some of Matthew's text.

      > As for the different birth narratives being stumbling blocks, see
      Mark
      > Goodacre "The Case Against Q" pp. 54ff.

      I read it, although a while ago now. I still don't think Luke saw
      Matthew 1 and 2 however. Why change all those names? Altohugh,
      obviously he could have seemn it and choosen not to use it. I just
      think its more probable that he didn't see it.

      Thanks for the feedback,

      Dave Gentile
      Riverside, IL