RE: [Synoptic-L] RE: Great Supper

  • Ken Olson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 25 4:05 PM
      E. Bruce Brooks wrote:

      >>I thus think that this First Proposition has to be rejected. If someone

      wants to revive it under their own name, perhaps using as a Banquet

      inspiration the wedding image of Mk 2:19f, and showing how that transmutes

      into the Mt story as we have it, they are free to attempt it. ...

      Besides OT echoes, however, some account will need to be given of how these or other

      elements have generated, not just details of the Matthean narrative, but its

      internally confused structure. All that lies in the possible future. At

      present, and as expounded by MG, to whom Ken has here largely deferred, I

      can only judge that the proposition fails.<<

      As it appears that at present neither of us is willing to spend the time necessary to compose his own original treatment addressing the thematic and verbal parallels between the Tenants and Matthew's Great Supper and expound on their role in the composition of the Matthean narrative, and Goulder's treatment of those issues is disqualified on the basis of his lectionary theory, I shall bow out of the discussion here.

      Best wishes,

      Ken

      Ken Olson
      PhD Student