RE: [Synoptic-L] Jesus and Apocalyptic (was) The Synoptic Problem

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 21, 2011
      Mark,

      Of course it is.  That's the point of my post, and the ones preceding it.  (I know we lose track of conversations when multiple threads are going on....)

      --- On Thu, 4/21/11, Matson, Mark (Academic) <MAMatson@...> wrote:

      And the messianic secret is not a literary device???

      Mark A. Matson

      Academic Dean

      Milligan College

      Milligan College, TN

      From: Chuck Jones [chuckjonez@...]

      That portrayal is a literary device. Mark needs to prove to the reader that Jesus really did predict his resurrection. He does this by telling several prediction stories. The only way he can tell it several times is for the disciples to not get it.

      --- On Thu, 4/21/11, ddcanne@... <ddcanne@...> wrote:

      That begs the question, Chuck, as to why the disciples, particularly "Rocky," were portrayed in such a negative way.

      Dennis Dean Carpenter

      Dahlonega, Ga.