Re: Jeff Re: Resurrection appearances (was: Re: [Synoptic-L] Does the 3ST solve the Synoptic Problem ?)

  • Maluflen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 76 , Apr 4 12:32 PM
      Chuck wrote:
      "While Markan priority is a separate question from the (in)dependence
      of Lk and Mt, Mark is looking awfully good as a common factor between
      the two."

      Which, of course, nobody has ever denied. You don't seem yet to
      understand that the above does not equate, not even remotely, with
      Markan priority.

      Leonard Maluf
      Message 76 of 76 , Apr 7 5:43 PM

        I hear you.  They exhaust me sometimes too.  But that is what it's about....

        Chuck

        From: Bruce

        It has been observed, " In synoptic studies a literary relationship does in

        fact mean scribal dependence between the documents."

        I respond: That is one thing that is wrong with "Synoptic Studies," and one

        reason why they are still deadlocked at the present moment. If the Synoptic

        Problem is to define the relations between the Synoptics (and I have

        encountered that definition, more than once), and if the possible relations

        are limited to scribal dependence, then the problem as stated is in fact

        insoluble, and this and all other discussions on that basis are simply

        taking up bandwidth, to no purpose.

        Bruce

        E Bruce Brooks / Warring States Project / University of Massachusetts at

        Amherst