Re: Jeff Re: Resurrection appearances (was: Re: [Synoptic-L] Does the 3ST solve the Synoptic Problem ?)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      Bob wrote, "What am I missing?"

      Bob,

      What you are missing is the logical implication of the material that is actually in our gospels.  When one compares them to each other, it becomes clear that God did not supernaturally ensure that there were no discrepancies between them.  The material before us is the product of human activity.  Synoptic studies are the process of trying to figure out what the humans did.

      For a long time I tried to have my cake and eat it too (study the gospels in detail and maintain their mistakelessness).  It didn't work out.  In the end I realized I wasn't being true to Scripture if I remained willfully blind about its actual content, pretending it is something it is not.

      That's the way it went for me, anyway.

      --- On Fri, 4/1/11, Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:

      What am I missing?

      Bob Schacht