The Farrer Theory and the Historical Jesus

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2005
      For many scholars, the synoptic problem is not an end,
      but a means to an end: understanding the historical
      Jesus. I can see how these two issues are related on
      the Q side, where Q has been important for accessing
      the teachings of Jesus, but what about the Farrer-side
      of the issue. Aside from E. P. Sanders, perhaps, I
      can't think of any detailed approaches to the HJ from
      the Farrer perspective. Am I missing any one? What
      would it look like?

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...